• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

have i damaged my heart from too much excercise?!

bignbrown

Bluelighter
earlier i made a post about a new cycling machine i got, today i worked pretty damn hard on it, really pushed myself, before i never really excercised for about a year, drank heavily this year eating has been a mixture of good and bad food, im not heavy or anything im quite skinny, but tonight after all this excerise im getting dull pain in my left part of chest and back going into my left shoulder and left arm, its also a tight/squeezing feeling which ive had on stimulant binges which the doctor told me before was most likely heart pain,

maybe i did too much and didnt go into it gradually? its been getting worse and it feels really uncomfortable and worrying, surely i havent damaged my heart from excerising too hard?

thanks

today it just feels like theres a bit of strain in my left side around the heart, i take it i must of just given it a good workout then lol, hopefully my body will get used to it as i keep it up

Seeing a cardiologist is always the safest bet. I'm 25 and have been having chest pains for 3 years. I got an ECG and was normal, then made an apt. with a cardiologist who told me that it was just muscle spasms in the chest area that feel like chest pain. Anxiety can really cause uncomfortable feelings in the chest that are actually harmless.

But nobody can tell you what it really is unless you get a doctor to run tests. It gave me peace of mind after always worrying that my body was fucked up, so I highly recommend it.

Bignbrown

If I were you I'd get myself to a doctor, sounds like you may have had some sort of infarction. The doc should at least do an ECG on you and maybe even order a stress ECG.

Pain in the left side of the chest and radiating to the left shoulder/arm is the no. 1 symptom of an infarction.

I doubt that you got serious damage, but def you strained left half of your heart, and now the pain is radiating to your left side.

But yeah play it safe and go do a ECG.